1.- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files that are downloaded on the user’s terminal (computer/smartphone/tablet) when accessing certain web pages and that are stored in its memory. Cookies permit, among other things, storing and recovering information on the browsing habits of users or their computer, seeing what pages they visit, the connection time, analysing how a page works, determining whether there are technical problems, etc. Depending on the information they contain and how the terminal is used, they can be used to recognise the user.
2.- WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES EXIST?
Depending on who manages them, cookies can be:
- First-party cookies. These belong to us and we manage them.
- Third-party cookies. These belong to a third party who manages the information obtained by the cookie.
Depending on how long they remain active, these can be:
- Session cookies. Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Permanent cookies. The data are stored in the terminal and can be accesses and processed during a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, ranging from minutes to years.
Depending on their purpose, cookies can be:
- Technical cookies. They are used to permit users to navigate through the website or application and are necessary to provide a specific service requested by the user, such as user entrance cookies, user authentication or identification cookies (session only), user security cookies, multimedia player session cookies, load balancing session cookies, user interface personalisation cookies, plug-in cookies for the exchange of social contents, etc.
- Personalisation cookies. These are used to store service configurations so they do not have to be reconfigured every time you visit the website.
- Analysis cookies. These are used to track and analyse user behaviour; they are used to measure the web activity, create browsing profiles, etc
- Advertising cookies. These permit the management of advertising spaces and the adapting of advertising content to make it relevant to the user and to prevent showing advertisements that the user has already seen.
- Behavioural advertising cookies.These permit the management of the advertising spaces included on the platform from which the service is provided, storing behavioural information obtained about the users’ browsing habits to offer personalised advertising according to those habits.
- Social network cookies. These are used to enable users to interact with the content of different social media platforms. They are used by these platforms to engage in behavioural advertising, analysis, tracking and market research.
3.- WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE ON OUR WEBSITE?
The following cookies are used on our website:
Description of the cookie
Duration of the cookie
Most browsers will tell you how to configure your browser to not accept cookies, to notify you every time you receive a new cookie and how to deactivate them entirely. To control how you want your information to be used, you can configure the browser of your computer as best suits you.
In any case, we remind you that if you deactivate technical and/or operating cookies, you may experience poorer web page quality or it may be more difficult to identify you.
We have provided the following links where you can find more information about the different browsers:
- Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en)
- Internet Explorer (http://windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10)
- Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences)
- Safari (http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042)